The Red Sox earned a split of Sunday’s doubleheader (and their weekend four-game series) against the Yankees with Sunday night’s 3-0 win.
The Yankees very nearly got on the board in the top of the eighth inning of the nightcap, when MLB home run leader Aaron Judge clobbered a first-pitch fastball from David Price. The problem? He hit it to Jackie Bradley Jr. in center field. Bradley leaped to rob Judge of his 31st home run in the center field triangle. Check it out:
Statcast gave Judge’s non-homer a 94 percent hit probability based on things like the exit velocity and launch angle. I suppose the other 6 percent belongs to Bradley.
That was also the second home run Judge has had taken away this season. Melky Cabrera robbed him of a homer a few weeks ago.
Judge has been great and unlucky. Bradley robbed him blind Sunday night.